Patient lifts for hospitals
A comfortable lift is one of the main requirements for creating a barrier-free environment
No modern clinic can manage without an elevator providing fast and safe transportation of patients and medical personnel. Even if the building has only two floors, the installation of the elevator is necessarily provided at the design stage. A comfortable lift is one of the main requirements for creating a barrier-free environment; therefore the buildings of polyclinics and medical centers have recently been actively reconstructed. With a competent approach, the installation of a new modern hospital lift is possible even in old buildings: an optimal technical solution that meets the specified parameters will be certainly found.
Requirements to hospital lifts
An elevator is technically complex lifting device which should ensure maximum reliability and safety of operation. In hospitals and clinics, special attention is paid to these parameters, since any failure can lead to serious consequences. That is why lift equipment for hospitals should have additional protection, ensuring uninterrupted operation even in the absence of electricity. Thus, modern hospital elevators are equipped with batteries that allow continuing riding and supply with lighting sources.
- Carrying capacity: The area of the hospital lift should allow the patient on a gurney and the accompanying hospital staff to be transported, while it is desirable to have additional space for emergency procedures and transportation of necessary equipment.
- Lighting: Almost all modern hospital lifts are equipped with LED lights that consume a minimum of energy with maximum light output. In some cases the medical assistance should be rendered right inside the elevator, so the requirements for lighting are very strict.
- Smooth riding: For transporting seriously ill patients, it is necessary to minimize the level of vibration that can affect not only the patient's condition, but also the work of auxiliary equipment.
- Antivandalism: It is unlikely that someone will deliberately break the elevator in the hospital. Increased protection is necessary during transportation of patients on a gurney or bulk goods (equipment, materials for repair, etc.).
- High stop accuracy: Since hospital elevators are more used to transport patients on gurneys or wheelchairs, even a small difference between the floor levels of the elevator and the floor creates additional difficulties for the patient's way in/ out.
- Increased requirements for hygiene: The surfaces of the hospital elevator car should be made of certified materials that can be sanitized with disinfectants.
- Convenience for people with disabilities: Elevators for hospitals are equipped with additional light and sound indicators that allow riding easily not only to non-mobile patients, but also to patients with visual and hearing impairment. A mandatory element is the banister around the perimeter of the elevator car.
Lifting equipment for hospitals from reallift
Being the exclusive distributor of IGV Group (Italy), Reallift offers modern high-tech elevator equipment for hospitals certified in Russia. The advantages of cooperation are obvious and undeniable:
- minimal delivery time;
- competitive prices;
- wide range of technical solutions (carrying capacity, car size, doorway, one-sided or dual entrance design, etc.);
- simple installation and maintenance;
- warranty and postwarranty service.
You can get the necessary information from our managers-consultants; technical documentation is available upon request.